The purpose of the Football Shorts FC (Film Competition) is to provide a platform - and an audience - for aspiring, casual or professional football filmmakers in Australia.
- A short film with connection to football (although doesn’t necessarily need to include an actual football!)
- Everyone! All ages, experiences, professions.
- Up to 20 minutes
- Submission via YouTube/Vimeo link
- Once selected to next stage, filmmaker send a high resolution DVD
- Football Film Festival will convert to digital format for final screening
There is one single category, A Football Story. For example, the story could be about your local football club, a documentary about someone's connection to football, an abstract interpretation of football or a professional short film.
Prizes (total $2000 in prizes)
- Best Film (Overall) (worth $750)
- Best Director (worth $500)
- Individual Brilliance Award (worth $300)
- Club / Team Award (worth $300)
- Audience Award (worth $150)
A panel from the world of football, film, media and academia will be announced shortly!
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: 1st September 2015
- Announcement of selected finalists: 10th September 2015
- Football Shorts FC Screening and Award Ceremony: October 18th, 2015 in Sydney
To submit your film, please fill in the application form below! Best of luck and we hope to see your film on the big screen this October!